Level 2 Strength and Conditioning
Strength and Conditioning is a rapidly growing bespoke area of provision for sports people which uses resistance training and endurance conditioning to enhance and improve performance. A well devised training regime specific to the requirements of the individual will enhance performance and also reduce the risk of acquiring injuries.
- How to effectively plan and coach resistance training exercises in a gym based environment
- How to coach and design speed, movement and agility programmes for athletes of all sports
- How to plan a basic strength, hypertrophy and power programme for an athlete.
Open to all undergraduate and postgraduate sport and health students, fitness professionals and holders of the Level 1 S and C award.
3 Days teaching and 1 day assessment
- understand how to apply different coaching styles to support various styles of learning and understand how aid the development of participant performance
- deliver a linked and progressive strength training programme and for either speed or endurance
- complete a multiple-choice theory paper
- be observed coaching a strength-specific coaching session or a speed- or strength-specific coaching session
- create a continuous professional development (CPD) action plan.
Course detailsLevel 2 Award
3 days teaching and 1 day assessment
Course cost: £400.00