Level 1 Strength and Conditioning
If you’re an undergraduate or postgraduate sport or health care student or a level 2 or 3 fitness professional then you can bypass level 1 and go straight onto the level 2 course, please click here.
Strength and Conditioning is a rapidly growing bespoke area of provision for sports people which uses resistance training and endurance conditioning to enhance and improve performance. A well devised training regime specific to the requirements of the individual will enhance performance and also reduce the risk of acquiring injuries.
- understand the fundamentals of coaching sport
- understand the principles of planning coaching activities in sport
- understand the principles of conducting coaching activities in sport
- understand the principles of evaluating coaching activities in sport
- be able to plan coaching activities in strength and conditioning for sport
- be able to conduct coaching activities in strength and conditioning for sport
- be able to evaluate coaching activities in strength and conditioning for sport.
Open to all
2 days intensive teaching and 1 day assessment
- answer a series of multiple-choice and open-response questions relating to the following topics:
- roles and responsibilities of a coach
- protection of children and vulnerable adults
- communication and coaching
- health and safety
- warm-up and cool-down principles
- be observed and assessed coaching a minimum of two strength and conditioning for sport activity sessions by an appropriately qualified assessor, which must include:
- one warm-up
- one circuit
- complete a personal action plan for ongoing coaching development.
Course detailsLevel 1 Award
2 days teaching and 1 day assessment
Course cost: £300.00