Strength and Conditioning is a rapidly growing bespoke area of provision for sports people which uses resistance training and endurance conditioning to enhance and improve performance.
A well devised training regime specific to the requirements of the individual will enhance performance and also reduce the risk of acquiring injuries.
On the course the following areas will be covered:
- How to effectively plan and coach resistance training exercises in a gym based environment
- How to coach and design speed, movement and agility programmes for athletes of all sports
- How to plan a basic strength, hypertrophy and power programme for an athlete.
The techniques taught can be utilised in the effective management of both sporting and non-sporting patients in both their treatment and rehabilitation and these are core skills to possess in a really up-to-date and ‘in vogue’ modality
- understand how to apply different coaching styles to support various styles of learning and understand how aid the development of participant performance
- deliver a linked and progressive strength training programme and for either speed or endurance
- complete a multiple-choice theory paper
- be observed coaching a strength-specific coaching session or a speed- or strength-specific coaching session
- create a continuous professional development (CPD) action plan.
Level 2 Award - 3 days intensive teaching and 1 day assessment
Open to all undergraduate and postgraduate sport and health students, fitness professionals and holders of the Level 1 S and C award..